General CLUB Rules
- We recommend Drivers be BRCA (British Radio Car Association) licensed BUT isnt compulsary to race at Bicester, this will be valid from 1st jan - 31st Dec, See BRCA website for pricing
- You will each have 3 heats, a final and a demolition derby permitting we have enough time.
- All tables and chairs must be left tidy at the end of the meeting.
- Please help keep your pitting area as tidy as possibly, we understand there will be mess made, but please help limit this by using bins provided and not the floor.
- Please see CLUB INFORMATION page for rules for the venue
- Under 18s to be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times
- Please use a suitable towel or equivalent material to cover the table, towels are available from race control.
- All soldering to be done over your pitting towel/material
- Cars and/or shells are subject to scrutineering by race control at any time and at any meeting.
- Race control reserve the right to refuse entrance to anyone who is under the influence of any substances or could potential pose a threat to the club, its drivers, the venue or its patrons
- It must be as per the standard 2mm Mardave ally chassis available in various anodised colours, hot rod chassis with rear lip, or the 3mm Kamtec/Large It/Tic ally chassis with the following limitations: -
- If left to the original kit length, the chassis must be used with a shell that is made to fit its size properly.
- Countersunk chassis and screw set may be used.
- Limousine chassis must be the same thickness as the alloy V12 (maximum 3mm) & must have the correct body shell to fit, maximum length for a Limousine chassis with body shell is 2 ½ ft.
- Any Limousine entered must represent a full counterpart.
- Any sharp edges should be removed from the chassis.
- Rear extension plates are allowed, but should be no wider than the chassis and be no thicker than 3mm.
- All chassis must be free from sharp/protruding parts to prevent damage to the carpet.
2. Top Decks
- Original Mardave alley top plate or GRP top plate maybe used, Kamtec or Large it ones are recommended.
- Any top plate must not protrude any further forward than inline with the steering servo saver.
- The width of the top plate should not extend past the centreline of the wheels.
- Top plate must have a maximum 3mm thickness.
- No double decks.
- Only 4 cell Sub C NiCads & ni-mh cells permitted.
- Matched or unmatched cells permitted.
- max 4700 Mah
- They must be covered in clear heat shrink or the manufacturers covering with identification clearly visible. Battery bars must be no wider than the battery.
- Only plastic or nylon battery retainers permitted no extra plates inside the car.
4. Speed Controllers
• Mardave/Large It/Tamiya mechanical & resistor type speed controllers only.
• No Electronic Speedos (ESC).
• No Electronic Speedos (ESC).
5. Gears, Motor Pod & Axle
- 32dp pinion gears only.
- Gear sleeves/clips are allowed on the Mardave gear arms.
- Derlin gears or Z Drives are not permitted.
- Ball races may only be used on the rear axle.
- Standard Plastic Mardave or TIC motor pod only.
- No pod braces allowed or additional strengthening of the Motor pod.
6. Wishbones, Steering Arms and King Pins
- Steering arms can be standard or may be modified to the ball and link type.
- Wishbones are to be standard, either Mardave or TIC and must be hollow. No ally wishbones.
- No wishbone protectors or any other strengthening of wishbones.
- Front springs must be fitted.
- Only standard, hardened and stainless King pins allowed.
- No pipe to be fitted to kingpins.
- No adjustable kingpins to be fitted.
- No strut braces.
7. Inner Wings
- Kamtec inner wing kits only.
- Front Wings must be cut to replicate their full size counterpart.
- A small ABS bumper may be added to the front of the wings for realism, by using 2 small screws/bolts. These must be for decoration and not strengthening.
- Inner wings can be either body or chassis mounted.
- If it's body mounted then use 2 bolts through the body and a self tapping screw each side to pull the sills into the bottom of the wing.
- If it's chassis mounted then no more than four bolts to be used.
- No gluing of the wings
- Mardave G1 & G2.
- Thrust eco 21T
- Kamtec SATAN motor
- Kamtec K20 & K21 motor
- Johnson 540 with plastic endbell.
- Tamiya Mabuchi 540 Silver Can with black endbell.
- Heat sinks can be fitted.
- Original label should remain intact and motor tabs remained untouched
- Use of motor cleaning fluids and additives allowed.
- Must be foam tyres.
- No tyre additives permitted.
- Any after market wheel must be of the same diameter as per Mardave V12, Kamtec, Contact Wheels, or TIC Bruno Wheels.
- Ball raced front wheels are not permitted.
- Windows & arches must be completely removed as close to original car as possible.
- No window Gussets.
- Roping and gluing of pillars is permitted.
- No unsightly, rude or offensive slogans or gestures on the shells - RACE CONTROL HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON THIS
- Shells must be in line with the agreed shell list unless prior agreement from RACE CONTROL BEFORE RACE NIGHT
- The arches of shells can only be heated, if the shell is narrow, such as the Austin 1100. Excessive heating to slam the car is not permitted.
- No Hot Rod shells (Shells with body kits).
11. Body Mounts
- You may use 2, 3 or 4 body mounts
- These may be of any non-metallic material, not exceeding 10mm in width and must not protrude more than 10mm through the body shell.
- Only 2 V10 mounts can be used to secure the shell to the chassis. If you are using V10 mounts at the Front and on the top plate, you must remove any rear V10 mount.
- If you are using front and rear V10 mounts, you can keep the bottom part of the V10 on the top plate, provided it is not used to secure the shell
- The bottom part of the V10 must not be doubled up
- If you use the V10, you can use all six mounting points, however may only use four clips to secure the shell.
12. Roof Fins
- The roof fin must be fitted to the roof of the car and must not have sharp edges.
- It must have the driver's number clearly visible on both sides.
- It must not be mounted forward of the half way point on the roof.
13. Shell Repairs
- You may use glue sticks, tape, cable ties, plastic/solvent weld with joining plates in conjunction with nuts & bolts as to their full size counterparts for REPAIRS only.
- The above repair methods are allowed anywhere on the INSIDE of the body shell only, excluding Tapes.
- Neither armouring allowed nor the use of mastic allowed.
- no double skinned body shells
14. Ride Height
- Scrutineers have a 3mm clearance plate, which your vehicle must run freely over the top of, including the shell. Should it scrape in any way your vehicle will fail scrutineering, This is in the interest of protecting the race carpet from damage
15. Ballast and Weights
- Adding extra corner weights or ballast is not permitted.
- No internal or external bumpers permitted
17. Servo Savers
- Any type of servo saver permitted.
- A small piece of ABS is allowed behind the servo saver as a servo saver protector.
18. Additional rules
- No head on's on the race control straight under the transponder bridge
- Race control reserve the right to refuse any driver(s) the right to race if any of the above rules are broken or cannot be met and not rectified prior to the first heat.
Saloon Stock Rules
- Front and rear bumpers must be fitted to the chassis and be made of plastic only. No metal bumpers
- Chassis material is open but must be the same shape as a standard V12 chassis, any other chassis' must be agreed an passed by race control - NO SCHUMACHER OR GT12 CHASSIS'
- At least 3mm Ride height required.
- Standard Front and Rear Suspension.
- Either ESC or Manual speed controllers can be used.
- Motors: SEE SECTION 8: MOTORS, OF 'BANGER RULES'
- Batteries to be 4 cell, 4.8v only with a maximum of 5000 mAH.
- Foam tyres only, NO TYRE ADDITIVES PERMITTED
- Race numbers must be clearly visible on both sides of the car and roof fin.
- No unpainted shells. All shells to be kept as tidy and smart as possible, sharp edges to be rounded off to prevent damage to carpet/other cars.
- All cars must start in graded order. New drivers must start as a white grade and start at the front of the grid.
- Racing is in a clockwise direction only.
- Light contact is permitted. No following in, sitting in the corners, pinning, deliberate jacking’s or roof shots.
- All Screw/Bolt heads must be as flush as possible to the chassis.
- There is a minimum ground clearance of 3mm, this includes any protruding screws, 1mm clearance for spur gear.
- Kamtec F2 kits with the split top deck ARE legal to race at Bicester on club nights
- Body and chassis must be securely joined at the start of race and must remain on car during the race.
- Tyres must be foam, Tyre additives are not allowed.
- only 32dp pitch gears will be allowed.
- MOTORS. Only one drive motor per car. These must remain unopened and unmodified, (See motors list)
- BATTERIES. Cells to be sub-C sized , 4 cell, 4.8v Nominal.
- Mechanical or Electronic Speed Controllers may be used.
- Ball raced Axles are allowed.
- Servo savers, track rods and track rod ends can all be uprated from kit supplied.
- All cars must have reverse fitted and working at the start of the race.
- Models to be a reasonable representation of a full size open wheel Brisca stock car.
- Front and rear bumpers must be fitted
- Over riders must be bolted to front and rear bumpers.
- Nerf bars must be fitted on the same level as the bumpers and attached to the chassis rails
- Bodies and aerofoils must be made from ABS or polycarbonate, metal bodies or aerofoils are not allowed.
- Driver’s national race number must be displayed on the exterior of the car, the drivers name must also be on the outside of the body.
- Front suspension can be used with no damping allowed.
- Racing is in an anti-clockwise direction only.
- Contact is allowed though no follow ins, striking stranded cars or roof shots.
- Cars to be:
- Mardave Mini Assassin (carbon version allowed);
- Kamtec Mini racer/stock chassis;
- MARDAVE Or KAMTEC 2mm/3mm alloy;
- MARDAVE GRP;
- KAMTEC GRP.
- Bodyshell to be classic Mini in lexan or ABS Classic mini stock or any of the other ABS mini stock Kamtec shells - No morris minors or Sierra cosworth shells
- Bumpers are optional
- Motor to be 21 Turn 540 silver can - NO TWISTING PERMITTED
- The motor may be fitted to either side of the motor pod
- Solid rear axle only (no diffs)
- 4 cell Nimh only sub-C size only with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell. (no lipo)
- ESC free
- Spur gear to be 48T or 50T
- Only 13 to 18 tooth 32DP pinions.
- Z-drive hubs are permitted
- King pin brace may be fitted
- Wishbones & suspension; can be either suspension or no suspension and steering to remain as kit supplied (aftermarket turnbuckles may be used)
- centre point steering arms can be used
- Steering servo is free
- Servo saver optional
- Mardave option springs can be used
- Spacers can be used under wishbones for ride height and castor adjustments
- Foam Tyres; any compound in any configuration on all axles - No Additives allowed
- Wheels; bearing and NON bearing allowed
- Body mounts can be changed from the kit supplied ones
- Minimum ground clearance of 3mm to include any protruding screws, 1mm for spur gear